Accra International Book Festival
6 – 9 September 2018
The Accra International Book Festival is looking for friendly, fun-loving, hardworking and enthusiastic volunteers to help at the 2018 event.
Individuals shortlisted would be expected to work for two days, from 8-9 September 2018 at the Efua Sutherland Children’s Park near the National Theatre.
He/she would need to have good teamwork skills, the stamina to work long hours and the ability to take initiatives.
The work includes;
- Venue set-up,
- Site branding,
- Dressing the site,
- Backstage/artist set up,
- Erecting banners,
- Securing posters and publicity,
- Maintain directional signage and
- Directing audience members to the venue
- Queue management
- Leading an evacuation if necessary
- Responding to call-outs
- Typing or other word processing
- Maintaining the Writers Room
- Sound and lighting assistance
- Assisting artists/performers among others.
The workings hours start from 9 am to 5 pm on each day and volunteers would need to commit to the work if they are shortlisted.
The position would be a valuable experience for individuals passionate about events management, tourism, arts administration, and stage production.
To apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com and call +233 277293124.