How do I reformat a WD My Book?
In Windows Platform:
- Connect your Western Digital My Passport hard drive to your Windows PC through the USB cable. …
- Now, click the Start button and select ‘This PC’. …
- Locate the icon assigned to Western Digital My Passport drive and Right-click the connected drive icon and click ‘Format’ in the pop-up menu.
Does WD My Book work with Mac?
Your My Book for Mac drive and the WD Drive Utilities and WD Security software are compatible with the following operating systems: … For Mac computers, go to the Apple menu and select Software Update or App Store. For Windows computers, go to the Start menu and select Windows Update.
How do you mount a WD My Book on a Mac?
Force Mount the WD Mac hard drive in Disk Utility
You can go to Utility and see if this hard drive appears in the left sidebar. If your WD My Passport for Mac drive for Mac is not mounting but grayed out in Disk Utility, you can right-click and select the “Mount” button to force mount the hard drive.
How do I use WD My Book as an external hard drive?
Tips for Getting Started with the WD My Book Backup Drive
- Plug in the power supply to the wall/powerbar and to the drive. …
- Plug the USB cable between the computer and the drive. …
- The drive should now turn on. …
- Look for the new hard drive in My Computer. …
- Double click on it and then on “WD Apps Setup”. …
- Just follow the prompts to install the software.
13 мая 2014 г.
Where is the reset button on WD My Book?
The reset button is located directly between the power port and the Ethernet data port. Hold the reset button in, and plug the data cable and the power cable back into the unit.
Can WD My Book be connected to router?
With the WD My Cloud, you can connect it to your router via Gigabit Ethernet instead of a USB port. When connected, you have remote access to your WD My Cloud Home through a browser or a mobile app.
Why won’t my Mac read my WD Passport?
Check whether the USB cable or USB port is bad by connecting other hard drives to this USB port or cable and see if that makes a difference. 3. Reboot your Mac computer to see if your WD My Passport drive is not showing up in Disk Utility/Finder or not.
Why is my WD My Book Not working?
The quick fix for this is to turn off and unplug the MyBook, and then give it a few sharp taps around the power button to dislodge it. Once this has been done, plug it back in and start it up again, and hopefully the device will be working. Be sure if you tap the drive that you do so firmly but not violently.
Is WD Passport compatible with Mac?
The regular My Passport Ultra is compatible with Mac OS after reformatting, but users that know that they will be using a Mac might find this model to be easier. … It comes with 256-bit AES encryption for added security, as well as compatibility with Apple Time Machine.
Can I connect WD My Book Live directly to computer?
WD 2go web access provides fee-free remote access to your My Book Live personal cloud storage. Once you log in, WD 2go mounts My Book Live to your computer like a local drive and provides access to your remote folders from any Mac or PC. Seamlessly open, save as, and attach files to emails from this virtual drive.
How do I connect to my WD MyBook live?
How to connect My Book Live with WIndows 10
- Open your file browser.
- In the Network pane under Storage section, you should see your My Book Live device.
- RIGHT click that icon, select Open option.
- A file browser will appear, you now should have access to your My Book Live storage.
31 мая 2016 г.