How do you cite a book in APA in text?
When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, for example, (Jones, 1998), and a complete reference should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.
How do you cite a textbook in MLA?
In-text citations include the last name of the author followed by a page number enclosed in parentheses. “Here’s a direct quote” (Smith 8). If the author’s name is not given, then use the first word or words of the title. Follow the same formatting that was used in the Works Cited list, such as quotation marks.
How do you cite a book example?
Book references: general form
- Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (year). Book title. Location: Publisher.
- Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (year). Book title. Retrieved from http://www.xxxxxx.
- Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (year). Book title. …
- Editor, A. A. (Ed.). (year). …
- Editor, A. A., Editor B. B. (Eds.). (year).
How do you cite in MLA format?
MLA format follows the author-page method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the page number(s) from which the quotation or paraphrase is taken must appear in the text, and a complete reference should appear on your Works Cited page.
How do you cite a play in text?
When citing prose plays, use the page number first, followed by a semicolon and then other identifying information (e.g. Miller 9; Act 1). When citing verse plays with line numbers provided, use those instead of page numbers, separating division numbers with a period (see example above).
How do you reference a book page?
To be made up of:
- Author of the chapter/section.
- Year of publication (in round brackets).
- Title of chapter/section (in single quotation marks) ‘in’ plus author/editor of book.
- Title of book (in italics).
- Place of publication: publisher.
- Page reference.
How do you reference a book Harvard style example?
Basic format to reference a book
- Author or authors. The surname is followed by first initials.
- Title (in italics).
- Place of Publication.
How do you cite an interview MLA style?
According to MLA style, an interview that you conduct should be included on the Works Cited page. List the interview by the name of the interviewee. Include the descriptor “Personal interview” and the date of the interview, as in the following example: Billiken, Billy.
How do you cite a website in text?
Cite web pages in text as you would any other source, using the author and date if known. Keep in mind that the author may be an organization rather than a person. For sources with no author, use the title in place of an author. For sources with no date use n.d. (for no date) in place of the year: (Smith, n.d.).26 мая 2020 г.