How do you wipe a MacBook Pro?
How to Wipe a Mac Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Make sure your Mac is turned off.
- Press the power button.
- Immediately hold down the command and R keys.
- Wait until the Apple logo appears.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the OS X Utilities list. …
- Select the disk you’d like to erase by clicking on it in the sidebar.
29 мая 2018 г.
Will a factory reset remove viruses Mac?
Running a factory reset, also referred to as a Windows Reset or reformat and reinstall, will destroy all data stored on the computer’s hard drive and all but the most complex viruses with it. Viruses can’t damage the computer itself and factory resets clear out where viruses hide.
Do Macs have System Restore?
Unfortunately, Mac does not provide a system restore option like its Windows counterpart. However, if you are using Mac OS X as well as an external drive or AirPort Time Capsule, a built-in back up feature called Time Machine may help you achieve your ends.
How do I do a factory reset?
- Open Settings, and select System.
- Select Reset options.
- Select Erase all data (factory reset).
- Select Reset Phone or Reset Tablet at the bottom.
- You’ll be asked to confirm, select Erase Everything.
- Your device should reboot and may show a progress screen indicating that it is erasing the data.
Why can’t I erase Macintosh HD?
If your disk or volume doesn’t appear, or the erase fails
Shut down your Mac, then unplug all nonessential devices from your Mac. If you’re erasing an external drive, make sure that it’s connected directly to your Mac using a cable that you know is good. Then turn the drive off and back on.
How do I get rid of a virus on my MacBook?
How To: MacBook Virus Removal
- From the Safari menu, select Preferences, then Extensions. Find any unknown plugin, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Next, select Preferences, then General and change the Default Search Engine to Google. Then, in the General tab, go to Home Page and change it to google.com.
How do you tell if your Mac is infected?
But if it does, you may look out for similar behavior as an infected Windows operating system: your computer’s processing power seems diminished, software programs are sluggish, your browser redirects or is unresponsive, or your ole-reliable starts crashing regularly.