How do you make a hidden compartment in a book?
Leave a few pages in the front untouched, so the compartment is covered and the book looks normal when initially opened.
- Wrap the cover with plastic bags. …
- Brush glue on the outside of the pages. …
- Place the book in a vice or under a weight. …
- Draw the outline of your secret compartment. …
- Cut out the secret compartment.
How do you make a book lock safe?
- Open the cover of the book.
- Add some PVA or all purpose glue to the back of the wood.
- Next place the piece of wood with the lock onto the back and align the key section with the keyhole in the cover.
- Add some weight to the top of the wood and leave to dry for a few hours.
How do you make a fake book?
Step 1: What You Need
- A book sized box (I used a box a cell phone came in)
- Another, bigger, box (I used one that boots came in)
- X-acto knife.
- Double sided tape.
- Strapping tape (You can find it at ACE for about $5) Ih has what looks like strings or something on it. …
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks.
- Paper bags (Usually two)
How do you make a secret compartment?
Cut 1/4-in. plywood 1/16 in. smaller than the drawer opening and rest it on a couple of wood strips that are hot-glued to the drawer sides. Then hot-glue some item you’d expect to find in that drawer to the bottom so you have a handle to lift the false bottom secret compartment and reveal the booty.
How do you hollow a book?
How to hollow your book:
- Pick your book. You can really judge a book by its cover with this craft. …
- Prepare the book. …
- Mark the hollowed section. …
- Start hollowing. …
- Prep for the Mod Podge. …
- Seal it up. …
- Apply weight and let dry overnight. …
- Remove wax paper.
How can I make a book cover online?
Create a beautiful book cover in under 5 minutes
- Open Canva and select the “Kindle Cover” design type or insert your own custom dimensions.
- Choose from our library of professionally designed layouts.
- Upload your own photos or choose from over 1 million stock images.
- Fix your images, add stunning filters and edit text.
How do you paint a box to look like a book?
- To begin creating your DIY book storage, paint the outside surface of each box one color. …
- Use stencils to add details to the outside of the DIY book boxes. …
- Paint the detail lines on the spines of the paper mache book boxes.
- Paint the other sides of the book with an antique white or cream paint to look like book pages.
Where do burglars look first?
Most people keep valuables in their bedrooms, so burglars make that their first stop. The fancy jewelry box on the dresser is irresistible. They’ll be sure to check the closet looking for guns, cash, expensive clothing/shoes, or even a handy suitcase to store the loot.
Where do you hide yourself?
The best hiding spots are those that keep you completely covered, like behind the couch, under a pile of clothes, or inside a cabinet or similar space. Once you’ve got the perfect place of concealment picked out, be silent, keep still, and make yourself as small as possible to stay invisible and avoid detection.