How do you cite a chapter in a book in APA in text?
When citing a chapter in a book, note the author of the chapter and year of publication in the text of your paper. Follow the “Essay or article in a book” example under the books tab above when including the chapter in the references list at the end of your paper. Author’s name in text (no page number):
How do you cite a chapter in a book?
To be made up of:
- Author of the chapter/section.
- Year of publication (in round brackets).
- Title of chapter/section (in single quotation marks) ‘in’ plus author/editor of book.
- Title of book (in italics).
- Place of publication: publisher.
- Page reference.
How do you cite a chapter in an edited book in APA?
- AUTHOR(S) OF CHAPTER. For chapters of edited books, put each author’s last name, then a comma, then the first initial of the first name, then any additional initials. …
- YEAR OF PUBLICATION. …
- TITLE OF CHAPTER. …
- EDITOR(S) OF BOOK. …
- TITLE OF EDITED BOOK. …
- PAGES OF CHAPTER, EDITION/REVISION NUMBER. …
- PLACE OF PUBLICATION.
How do you reference a book in text?
The in-text citation consists of author surname(s)/family name(s), in the order that they appear on the actual publication, followed by the year of publication of the source that you are citing. For direct quotes, make sure to include page or paragraph number. eg. (Weston, 1988, p.
How do you cite a chapter in a book Purdue owl in APA?
Article or Chapter in an Edited Book
Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (Year of publication). Title of chapter. In A. A. Editor & B. B. Editor (Eds.), Title of book (pages of chapter). Location: Publisher.
How do you cite a chapter in a book APA 7?
- Begin the reference with the first author’s last name. …
- Next, add the date the book was published. …
- Next, add the title and subtitle of the chapter. …
- Next, include the word “In” before the editor(s). …
- Next, add the title and subtitle of the book.
How do you cite a chapter in a book in APA 6th edition?
Chapter in an edited book – print version
Author(s) of chapter – family name and initials, use & for multiple authors. (Year of publication). Title of chapter. In Editor(s) – initial(s) and family name – of book (Ed.6 дней назад
How do you cite a chapter in a book APA with a different author?
Author, A. A. (Year). Title of work. Location: Publisher. On the other hand, if the chapter comes from a book where each chapter is written by different authors (and the whole thing is put together by an editor), then provide a separate reference for each chapter that you used.